Formation is dedicated to the principles of environmentally sound mining and refining practices. We believe environmental stewardship and mining can co-exist.
The Idaho Cobalt Project (“ICP”) is an environmentally designed mine. This means that the entire process has been thought through in sustainable terms.
We won’t use open pits and we will operate on a zero-discharge basis with the water used in our processes, so there will be no degradation to rivers and streams. Any discharge that comes from our separate water treatment plant will be drinking-quality, as defined by the EPA.
- Fully Environmentally Permitted - Final Environmental Impact Statement and Positive Records of Decision from both the U.S. Department of Agriculture National Forest Service and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency obtained
- Small Environmental Footprint - Underground project design
- 100% Reclaimable - Modest 135 Acre disturbance
- No Tailings Pond - Dry stacked tailings
- Flow Sheet Optimization - Reduced waste production and smaller environmental footprint
Our Idaho Cobalt Project will offer consumers a transparent supply of ethically sourced cobalt, produced safely and responsibly in the United States.